Dreamhost Hosting Review and Discount

I share my experience and review of various online product that I use or I have used, so that ShoutMeLoud readers can get value for their money. When it comes to Webhosting there are various options and what I could tell from my experience is; you should pick a webhosting based on your website requirement. For a WordPress blog, a typical shared hosting is a good place to start with and 6 years back when I started my career with WordPress, I opted for Dreamhost hosting as it was pretty cheap and value for money. In this guide I will share my review of Dreamhost hosting and will also give you pointers to make most out of your purchase. Don’t forget to use the special promo link at the bottom,

Everything You need to know about Dreamhost hosting

Dreamhost was started in 1997 and one of the well-known hosting company in the industry. They are one of those hosting companies which adds value to the whole industry with their core value. I believe it’s important for you to know these things; as it will make you aware of what kind of company you are associating yourself with.
Dreamhost core value
They started with shared hosting packages, and later on added VPS, Dedicated and now Managed WordPress hosting. When I started online in 2008, Internet was not so crowded place and spending money online was not so common. I had to do a lot of research for my first hosting company and I landed with Dreamhost for few reasons such as:
  • Free domain name
  • I had a discount coupon to save money on hosting bill.
  • One click WordPress installation and Google apps integration
I just needed a hosting for my WordPress blog and Dreamhost had all the features which a WordPress blog need and is complete value for money. There were few good alternative out there such as Bluehost, but since money was a constraint; I opted for Dreamhost. I was with them more than one year and I had no issues at all on their shared hosting server. Later on when my traffic increased by a great extent, I moved to other server. For starting a new WordPress blog or your website in budget, Dreamhost is certainly a good pick.
Here are some of the notable features of Dreamhost
Dreamhost features
  • Unlimited Bandwidth + storage
  • SSD Hosting
  • 1 free domain + who.is guard
  • One click WordPress installation (They offer custom cPanel)
  • Free Adwords credit.
  • Round the clock Tech support.
Usually Dreamhost is priced at $8.89/month and using the below coupon you will be able to get one year of unlimited hosting for only $72 which also includes 1 free domain name.. If you are wondering why they are offering their premium hosting for such dirt cheap price, here is the reason:
Most of the webhosting companies spend a lot of money on acquiring new customers, and they usually earn at the time of renewal or after sales services. This is a standard practice in webhosting industry and something good to know knowledge for you.
SSD hosting:
Dreamhost offers Solid state drive for all of it’s hosting type. It is one of very few company which offers SSD for shared hosting. The best part is, you don’t need to pay any extra for SSD hosting here. SSD hosting increases your website performance by 200%.

Dreamhost cPanel:


Dreamhost offers custom cPanel which is user friendly and any person with zero tech skills can get started with it. Installing your WordPress blog will hardly take 5 minutes and I have already written a guide on installing WordPress on Dreamhost. After running your blog for couple of years, if you need more hosting power (resources), you can quickly upgrade to their high end packages like DreamPress, VPS or dedicated server. Over all, Dreamhost is a reliable webhosting company which you can use for your website.
You can use below link to sign up for their hosting which will cost you only $72 with 1 free domain.
Dreamhost signup

If you are an existing user of Dreamhost, I would like to know your experience and review. Don’t forget to share this special Dreamhost bonus with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments